<body> The Simplicity that goes UNNOTICED.

Speak your mind




Tuesday, June 3, 2008



Yesterday, I fell in love with two men at the same instant.

You must be thinking: how in the world is this possible?

Well, let me shed some light.

It is possible..

... when they're Ben & Jerry.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
(I know I'm being lame here)

Today, I had fun at Raffles Junior College during the Outdoor Education Conference. Firstly, we had to lug a couple of goodie bags to the registration booths. I must say, this is the first time I'm laying my eyes on goodie bags which do not contain any refreshments. Well, it's for the greater good: saving the Earth. (You know, all those plastic wrappers and bottles take ages to biodegrade)

The next thing we knew, we were flooded by guests coming to register. Due to some glitches in the registration system, we took nearly a century to register everyone. Needless to say, we did annoy some of the guests. Anyways, we met people from schools and outdoor education centres all over the world. We even saw Miss Milhan from RS! Sadly, we didn't see Mr Kok at all. Maybe tomorrow, or the day after.

Anyways Yoges and I paired up as usual. And we were being real bimbos at our booths. Since there were two different name lists at each booth, Yoges and I were competing with each other to see who could fill up the name list first. Yes, I know we're really blonde. But we had tonnes of fun bitching at each other. LOL. In the end, there were guests who were absent, so none of us managed to complete the name list. But do not fret! Tomorrow bring us new opportunities (to bitch at each other).

After that, we weren't allowed to attend the conference as we had prepare the classrooms for the concurrent sessions, which are like lectures by teachers and for teachers. Each of us were allocated an RJC student partner and we had to carry stuff from the Operations room to our respectives classrooms. My partner was busy arranging the tables and chairs, so I had to carry the flip chart up the stairs by myself. Did I mention the flip chart is like, TWICE the size of me? Anyways, I was fine all the way until I reached the door at the end of the stairs. The hook was broken so the door couldn't be latched open, so this was what I did:

1) Put the flip chart down
2) Open the door
3) Look at the broken hook
4) Look at the flip chart
5) Look at the broken hook
6) Look at the flip chart

A classic demonstration of a 5 year old kid in puzzlement and distress. Thankfully some RJC guy who happened to come up the stairs was kind enough to lend a hand. This was really awkward because this was what happened:

1) I stare at the broken hook
2) RJC guy comes up the stairs and stares
(probably wondering if this girl actually managed to carry the huge flip chart up the stairs)
3) I look at the flip chart
4) RJC guy continues his way up the stairs
5) I look at the broken hook
6) RJC guy disappears up the stairs
7) I look at the flip chart
8) RJC guy comes back into the picture and lends a hand.

I don't know about you, but what happened was really hilarious if I were to watch it from a third person's viewpoint. Kinda comical, actually. Nevermind if you don't get my drift.

Anyways, we got that classroom ready for the concurrent session and that's that.

After attending two concurrent session, I was totally zonked out and headed back to PJC base (some unused classroom). It must have been the wordy presentation, longwinded presenter and the air conditioners. (Yes, RJC has aircons in every classroom) Yoges and I were getting hungry so we headed down to the 7/11 mart to grab some chips (Yes, there's a 7/11 in RJC).

After munching on chips, Yoges felt a sudden urge to mug for Biology while I took over the role of the Lazy Bitch and decided to take a nap. LOL. Oh. And I had bandanas for blankets. After my nap, Yoges and I went downstairs to for tea break (No, I'm not a pig. My metabolism just shot up recently.) After which we headed back the Operations Room for a debrief. Then it was Home Sweet Home.


the daisies whispered to me @ 19:37


Smile with me

"The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour" - Sir James Jeans.

About me

g R e E n B e A n
the minimalist
31081991
Singapore

I'll have you know that BIG things come in SMALL packages.

Links

&; Cindy Cml
&; Zhanpeng
&; Kenneth
&; Charmaine
&; Esther
&; Yogez
Click here if you want to leave.

Archives

%u2605February 2008
%u2605March 2008
%u2605April 2008
%u2605May 2008
%u2605June 2008
%u2605July 2008
%u2605August 2008
%u2605September 2008
%u2605October 2008
%u2605November 2008
%u2605December 2008
%u2605January 2009
%u2605February 2009
%u2605March 2009
%u2605April 2009
%u2605May 2009
%u2605June 2009
%u2605July 2009
%u2605November 2009
%u2605December 2009
%u2605January 2010
%u2605February 2010
%u2605March 2010
%u2605April 2010
%u2605May 2010
%u2605June 2010
%u2605July 2010
%u2605August 2010
%u2605September 2010
%u2605October 2010
%u2605November 2010
%u2605December 2010
%u2605January 2011


Layout Credits

&; Image : Getty Images
&; Designer
&; BlogSkins