I miraculously woke up in time this morning to make it for the super-early Mangrove Clean up. Due to the fact that I'd gotten Yoges to ring me when she had woken up AND I started the day looking into eyes of a super handsome hunk whose photo I've taken the liberty to use as the wallpaper in my handphone. Har, har, har.
Let me share my experience.
We signed up for this activity thinking that we'd get all dirty and muddy, but guess what? We weren't allowed to get anywhere near the banks of the mangrove swamp. Geez. But we
did get a little muddy and really, really sweaty. Gosh, I don't think I've perspired that much since a long, long time ago. We were armed with gloves ('banana yellow' gloves, actually) and NTUC plastic bags and were scouring the entire area for anything that didn't belong in the mangrove swamp. We'd found heaps of candy wrappers, bottle caps, plastic cutlery, even a lightbulb, bamboo sticks and loads of other stuff, but most of all, STYROFOAM. Which makes me wonder what do people do around mangroves?
Today, I have 2 conclusions to declare:1. Litterbugs who litter at mangrove swamps (or anywhere else) are the biggest SUCKERS on this planet.The rationale: we'd found a humungous heap of discarded lollipop sticks and drinking straws. Suckers..
2. Yoges thinks that any man, regardless of age, and who is breathing, is HOT.The rationale: she'd thought the old man who sells tissue paper at the toilet is hot. Oh. And you know what, I'd found out that this trait is in her blood. Even her grandma thinks alot of men are hot, but not to such a dreadful extent as in her granddaughter's case.
But I'm rather happy about today. Not only did I do my part in saving the environment, I also finished reading a great (and bimbo, unfortunately) book AND I HAD A SCOOP OF BEN & JERRY'S TODAY. Gawd, I felt on top of the world as I savoured the delicious Phish food (that's the name of the flavour). Ah, today has been a good day.. Definitely.
Except that I looked uber unglam while dozing off on the train today.
Heehee.
the daisies whispered to me @ 20:00