The verdict is out.
Here are my results:General Paper -
BMother Tongue -
EH2 Mathematics -
UH2 Chemistry -
SH2 Biology -
BH1 Geography -
SOh my gosh. I've failed two H2 subjects and my content-based H1 subject. And at this rate that I'm going, I am sooo gonna get retained. Geez..
Actually, I was
this close to passing my Chemistry and Geography papers. Too bad the teachers just
had to fail me. The amazing thing is that nobody in my class passed H1 Geography. LOL. And you know what? I could have gotten an A for my Biology if only I had a little more time. Geez. Anyway my Mathematics grade was kinda expected because I didn't study for it. I mean, I knew I was gonna fail no matter what, so why bother? I only studied the part on tranformations and I scored full marks for that question. LOL. Oh. And I
passed my Mother Tongue!!
Hallelujah.. I thought it was a sure failure. And I can't believe I've gotten a B for General Paper. I thought my essay was super unorganised and weakly substantiated. Now I believe in miracles.. Hahaha.
Well.. That's that. I'll just have to start working hard for my Promotional Examinations. At least my parents didn't throw me out of the house for my unsightly grades. They were understanding enough to consider that this was my
first series of examinations in JC and that I was really tied up with my CCA stuff during the mugging period. Good grief. I thought I was definitely getting
screwed by my parents when I saw my grades.
I guess now that reality has hit me right in the face, I've regained my senses.
I WILL STUDY
REEEEALLY HARD FOR MY PROMOS. Yeah..
Oh. And I had a Chemistry practical session on organic synthesis onThursday!! Hahahaha. It was the best Chemistry practical my class has ever had, that's for sure. Reason is that the daft old bat has gone to teach another (very much unfortunate) class. And we've got the Chemistry Head to guide us. HURRAY! There's finally hope for our Chemistry grades!! Okays, so we managed to synthesize Benzoic acid from Benzaldehyde. The crude product smells like almonds and looks exactly like chocolate fudge!! Hahaha. I really had fun with the organic stuff. Filtration was a bore, though. It was one step which took what seemed like eternity.. I'm glad that was over.
Anyways, here's an update on Wednesday's ODAC training. Since we hadn't trained for a long time, we all thought we were so gonna be dead. However, it turned out that we were required to cover only 2 rounds on the track and settle down to practice
field cooking. Like, wow! We started off on a treasure hunt for our food packets, which contained apples, sweet potatoes, carrots and mushrooms (supposedly stuff we'd find in the jungles). After that, we were given rice and a cube of chicken stock (and how are we ever gonna find these stuff in a jungle?). So we started boiling the water and cutting the carrots and sweet potatoes. (Geez.. I hate sweet potatoes) Anyways turns out my group cooked the best rice. Woots! And our soup was rather flavourful too. Double woots! (But I still hate sweet potatoes) Yeah and that's about it.
Moving on to yesterday's ODAC training.. We had a few matches of
Ultimate Frisbee and went on to run along the
canal path. The girls covered 3.2km while the guys covered 4.8km. Considering that we all hadn't worked out since the mugging period, we did reasonably well and finished within 25 minutes. By the way, Yoges
wasn't feeling well so she skipped training. And there's a reason why those words are in red. Hoho.
Sheesh. Now I've got to get to my humungous heap of homework that's waiting for me. Drat. Why are Biology practicals so tedious..? And what's up with the sudden load of GP assignments? Plus, I've got to work on my Written Report for Project Work.
Geez, JC life is really equivalent to no life. Sighh..
the daisies whispered to me @ 10:47