**Note: This will be my last entry till after Promos.**HEYS.
I'm back from my
One Star Kayaking Course which lasted for the past 2 days. And guess what? As usual, I'm all
red right now. Soon enough, I'll start peeling and then revert to my original skin tone. Looks like I'm
never getting a tan. D:
Did I mention that my current two-tone is
horrible?!?!
Aaarrggghhhh...
Anyways we had fun
both on land and out at sea.
On land, we sat in huge puddles (made by the storm) and splashed at each other like little kids in them. Made sqeaky noises with our sandals. (Actually, it was only me), played the tapping game in the puddles, then we played "Win, Lose or Draw" (beach-style) on the sand covered ground below the dormitories. It was Guys Vs Gals and we had to guess what the drawing in the sand was supposed to mean. One of the answers was 7 words long and we took forever to guess it. HAHAHA. In the end, the girls won hands down. Heehee. Oh. And by the way, we saw a
dead pufferfish on the shore. Upon prodding, it revealed little squids in its belly. Gosh it was gross. I can't believe I had been swimming with it all the time. *bleargh*
At sea, we learnt the strokes and how to raft-up (form a long chain of kayaks adjacent to each other). Like, how to manoeuvre the kayak front, back, sideways and turning on the spot. Here's the highlight of the course: TX rescue mission. We paired up and one of us had to capsize on purpose so that the other person can rescue the victim. Let I'll let you know this: kayaks are freakingly heavy when filled with water. Geez! And the rescuers had to lift that tonne of fibreglass onto their own kayak. Well, we managed anyways. Hahaha.
For me, the best part was how I was at the advantage since I'm so small. While the guys capsized at the instant they lauched their spinners (the slimmer type of kayak that is more unstable), I had no trouble at all since I was too light to creat a force large enough to capsize my spinner. HAHAHAHA. Losers! Next, deliberately capsizing in a spinner is so much easier as compared to the fat dolphin (the broader and more stable kayak). While the guys struggled to get their long legs out of the relatively smaller cockpit of their spinners, I had no problems getting out of mine. :D
In conclusion, there are at least
some advantages of being small. ((:
Okay, okay. Anyway, it's good to bear in mind that safety comes first. While kayaking can be a really enjoyable experience, there is always imminent danger around. Kayaking, capsizing and rescueing can be so damn scary when you're out there, faraway from the shoreline (yes, that's where we were tested). Whoa. I can't believe I was
that faraway from shore.
Anyways the day concluded after the ODACians taking part in the SAFRA Singapore Bay Army Half Marathon went to SAFRA Toa Payoh to collect the race packs. I realised I'm the only ODACian who ordered an XS shirt. (=.=") Then the guys were joking about how I would look like in an XL shirt. I think I'd be swimming in it. LOL. Anyways we got a shirt, some brochures, many many vouchers that I doubt I'll use and a bottle of NEWater. Oh and we got our race tags too. :D
There's extra training for us on Wednesday and I AM SO DEAD.
Oh. But before that, there's a Biology test on Genomics.
Now, I'm
really gonna be so dead.
the daisies whispered to me @ 20:47