<body> The Simplicity that goes UNNOTICED.

Speak your mind




Sunday, January 18, 2009



Hey.. I've finally found time to update my blog!!
I think I'll update it once a week or so, cos school's been rather hectic.

"A levels may be a b*tch, but just tahan and WHACK!" - Yoges. ((:

As I was saying.. It's been one helluva first week of school. Within the first week of school, we've had a GP vocab test, a Geography review test and we're supposed to research on poverty and present our findings in class next week. Plus, there'll be a GP debate on poverty as well. We'll be sitting for review tests for our H2 subjects next week!!!

Moreover, I'm in the committee for ODAC trials 2009, so I'll need to help with the first draft of the proposal (it's like PW all over again) and guess who's the teacher-in-charge of trials? I'd rather not say. He's the man who implemented the "1 minute late, run 1 round around the track" rule. And unfortunately, someone was late for 17 minutes on Friday's training at West Coast Park, so it's 17 rounds for everyone next Wednesday, on top of NVM training. Oh, NVM is National Vertical Marathon which is held on 8 Feb 09. We'll be climbing 60 storeys (that's 1380 steps!) at Republic Plaza.

With this kind of training from hell, I think we can expect quite a few ODACians to get in the top 20 for this year's cross country. Maybe, just maybe.. I'd be lucky enough to make it into top 50 or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (:

The word of the week: Solifluction (it's a geography term)

The phrase of the week: FIVE B.X. FROM HELL (it's the name of a station for ODAC trials!!)

The joke of the week: Pauline thinks Russia is in Asia. And she refuses to believe us she's wrong.

There's a WHOLE bunch of funny moments all within the first week of school. Let me list some of them down, just for the memory. These will be the stuff I'd look back at when I step down from ODAC. :DDD

1) Josh Chong thinks that he can take my bangs on a whole new, sexier level by tying strings so that I can pull the strings and make them separate with a center parting like the curtains on a stage. I think you can imagine the expression on my face when he said that.

2) We were playing a game whereby the first person in each row has to draw a picture on the back of the next person and so on till the last person in the row draws the picture on a piece of paper. Well,for CJ's group, they started of with a simple sketch of an ice-cream in a cone. I don't know what in the world went wrong, but CJ wrote 阶.

3) At West Coast, two teams each had to line up by height on a shaky plank at one of the playgrounds and then rearrange ourselves by our birthdates. My team was on the higher plank and we had much more difficulty moving on the plank than the other group. Eventually, we lost and Mr Yaw explained what went wrong in our case. He said the height was a fear factor and so we were more "vertically challenged", then suddenly and unanimously, everyone looked at MEEE.
And this is some freaky shit of a photograph taken at West Coast Park jetty. Check out our "cat eyes". No more bangs = no more China doll. It's the only way to stop the guys from laughing. LOL.


the daisies whispered to me @ 12:49


Smile with me

"The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour" - Sir James Jeans.

About me

g R e E n B e A n
the minimalist
31081991
Singapore

I'll have you know that BIG things come in SMALL packages.

Links

&; Cindy Cml
&; Zhanpeng
&; Kenneth
&; Charmaine
&; Esther
&; Yogez
Click here if you want to leave.

Archives

%u2605February 2008
%u2605March 2008
%u2605April 2008
%u2605May 2008
%u2605June 2008
%u2605July 2008
%u2605August 2008
%u2605September 2008
%u2605October 2008
%u2605November 2008
%u2605December 2008
%u2605January 2009
%u2605February 2009
%u2605March 2009
%u2605April 2009
%u2605May 2009
%u2605June 2009
%u2605July 2009
%u2605November 2009
%u2605December 2009
%u2605January 2010
%u2605February 2010
%u2605March 2010
%u2605April 2010
%u2605May 2010
%u2605June 2010
%u2605July 2010
%u2605August 2010
%u2605September 2010
%u2605October 2010
%u2605November 2010
%u2605December 2010
%u2605January 2011


Layout Credits

&; Image : Getty Images
&; Designer
&; BlogSkins