<body> The Simplicity that goes UNNOTICED.

Speak your mind




Saturday, May 1, 2010



I'm so not in the mood to blog anymore. For some reason unknow even to me, I feel so darn bored sitting in front of the computer. Even Facebook is so boring. Ended up playing Cartoon Network online games.

This can only mean one thing. I need to find a job, pronto!

Anyways, I write stuff about my daily activities in a journal, so it's kinda redundant to post it here. (In fact, I'm referring to my journal while typing the rest of this post)

On Monday, I went for a job interview at some recruitment agency. I applied for a position in the biomedical sector cos it's relevant to my studies, but they haven't contacted eversince. Damn. If I don't get a job soon I'll just start teaching tuition. Beats handling a real classroom of 30+ noisy kids.

On Tuesday, I didn't do much except watch television and had Botak Jones for dinner. LOL. I'm getting fat.

On Wednesday, I watched more television and was kinda moved by this Animal Planet documentary about the endangered cheetahs. Wow, I didn't know I liked cheetahs.

On Thursday, I (finally) met up with the Banana Alliance ie Shurong, Esther, Charmaine, Ting. Cindy couldn't make it cos she went to the airport with Waner & Yuewen to welcome some korean celebrity. We went to Bugis to have a steamboat dinner, where we spent maybe 2 whole hours eating and chatting. Decided to have more outings now that most of us were quite free, and even planned to go pubbing together. (Omg I'm such a loser I haven't tried any alcoholic drink since I turned 18 nearly a whole year ago. Blame it on my parents. Okay wait, I did try red wine, but that's not counted.) Anyways, what I really like is that no matter how long the time lapse since we last met, we still can talk on forever. :DD

On Friday, I was a relief teacher again. But this time was different cos I actually got to MARK THEIR TEST PAPERS. Okay, so it was just some pop quiz that their teacher had prepared for them the day before but still, I actually marked 33 scripts. And eventhough each script was a mere 5 pages, my brain was dying from the monotony. And I realised I'm a really ineffective teacher cos even after going through a recap of the topic to be tested, a few of them still failed the damned test.

Q: Compare any two named animals shown above and identify one similarity between them.
A: They are all animals.
(Yeah, that's because this topic is all about animals)

Q: State one characteristic of all mammals.
A: They all have backbone.
(Birds, fish and reptiles don't have bones meh?)

Pupil: Teacher, do mammals have hair or fur?
Me: Are you a mammal?
Pupil: Yes?
Me: Do YOU have fur?
Pupil: No.. Orh! Okay! :)
Me: -_-"

WTF lah. The first two really drove me up the wall. That last one was funny. Then there was this pri 3 class which just wouldn't sit down and shut up. So the monitors and the prefects wrote a letter of apology to me. (OMG SO CUTE) Actually, they wrote me two letters, one in english and the other in mandarin. And holy crap, the one in mandarin was so sophisticated even my mum couldn't decipher it. There was some proverb or something like that. I guess this really shows how impaired my mandarin capabilities are, or how kids these days are chinese scholars.

Today, I watched more television and helped my bro with his Math practice paper. (I felt real smart after figuring out one of those super annoying questions involving numbers on cards) I cooked yosenabe and my mum fried saba and prepared cold tofu!!! Had a rather Japanese dinner, much to my father's horror. LOL. There was just SO much yosenabe in the big pot that we're having it again tomorrow. YAY! Shitake & enoki mushrooms are LOVE!

Then I joined my dad to watch this war documentary and discovered an ugly truth! During WWII, the Russians used dogs as unwitting suicide bombers against the German tanks. These dogs were strapped with explosives and trained to obtain food from the undersides of vehicles. So on the battlefield, the dogs were starved and once they got under enemy tanks, the Russians would detonate the explosives. Like, &%$#*%$#!!!! That should be considered a war crime.


the daisies whispered to me @ 22:26


Smile with me

"The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour" - Sir James Jeans.

About me

g R e E n B e A n
the minimalist
31081991
Singapore

I'll have you know that BIG things come in SMALL packages.

Links

&; Cindy Cml
&; Zhanpeng
&; Kenneth
&; Charmaine
&; Esther
&; Yogez
Click here if you want to leave.

Archives

%u2605February 2008
%u2605March 2008
%u2605April 2008
%u2605May 2008
%u2605June 2008
%u2605July 2008
%u2605August 2008
%u2605September 2008
%u2605October 2008
%u2605November 2008
%u2605December 2008
%u2605January 2009
%u2605February 2009
%u2605March 2009
%u2605April 2009
%u2605May 2009
%u2605June 2009
%u2605July 2009
%u2605November 2009
%u2605December 2009
%u2605January 2010
%u2605February 2010
%u2605March 2010
%u2605April 2010
%u2605May 2010
%u2605June 2010
%u2605July 2010
%u2605August 2010
%u2605September 2010
%u2605October 2010
%u2605November 2010
%u2605December 2010
%u2605January 2011


Layout Credits

&; Image : Getty Images
&; Designer
&; BlogSkins